1.03.2011

New Year's Resolution #1 - No more procrastination!

I'm here in my living room on this frosty January day looking around at all the Christmas decorations I have yet to take down.  I think the most magical part of Christmas is the decorating.  I sort of start to deflate once the lights are up.  Decorating is definitely the pinnacle of the Christmas season for me.

Here is my to do list for today:

Update blog
Start taxes (ugh.)
Pay bills (yuck.)
Fill orders (yay!)
Take down Christmas decorations (boo.)
Find new Chiropractor* (sigh.)

*Side story - I live in a climate where no one really believes we get "real" winter.  The temperature rarely drops below the 40's and snow is even scarcer.  But when it does happen (it snowed last week then the sun came round and it has stayed cold (below freezing) and clear since) people panic.  We stock up with food when the first snowflakes fall.  Then we stay indoors.  I always thought this was ridiculous.  I'm originally from the Midwest where people deal with this for months on end in the winter.  I always thought I was a little tougher in the cold than the rest of these complainy Northwest folks.  But I was wrong.  I very foolishly donned my Frye boots yesterday and hurried to the car and consequently slipped banana peel-style and landed quite jarringly on my hip and elbow.  All bones are in tact as far as I can tell, but things are not sitting where they are supposed to sit, thus the chiropractor search.  I remembered I am an especially clumsy person, and frequently fall (I think it's my disproportionately small feet) and when I recovered, I realized that I am totally unprepared to deal with the ice.  It's everywhere.  I don't have the first clue how to drive, let alone walk, in it.  I am a true Northwesterner.

So anyhow, I'm not exactly excited about starting my day except for the order filling which always makes me feel happy.  But I do enjoy making New Year's Resolutions.  It's kind of a nerdy thrill to see if I can stick to them or not.  My number one is no more procrastination.

So here's hoping.  I have a crazy busy January and some VERY exciting new ideas for Deeds & Petunia!  More to come.  Praying a new camera makes it's way into my life so I can post some pictures soon.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Procrastination...that's my 1st nature (sigh). But if you make yourself to start everyday with stuff you hate the most, after you are done, the rest is a piece of cake. On the other hand, you won't get yourself out of bed if you know the day starts with loads of crap. Oh, well, who are you listening to? that's been my resolution too...for a few consecutive years.

    ReplyDelete

Please be courteous in your post. Any inappropriate or insensitive comments will of course be deleted.