1.21.2011

Hungry hungry hungry...

I'm not much of a breakfast eater in general, mostly just toast, cereal or occasionally some oatmeal.  But this morning I woke up HUNGRY!  When I was doing the tweet/Twitter thing this morning (which I'm totally addicted to by the way, so if you have any interest in what's going on in my life every 30 minutes or so, follow me there @deedsandpetunia.  I still don't really know what I'm doing.) I came across two amazing recipes.  Yesterday I found a couple as well and thought I'd share them with y'all.  I love cooking and am very excited to try these!

Grapefruit Roasted Chicken looks mouth watering and exotic.  I've done orange roasted chicken and lemon roasted chicken, but never with grapefruit!  Head on over to the Slow Kitchen Blog and check it out...
Grapefruit Roasted Chicken at The Slow Kitchen
Oooooh yes.  I am what some might call an enchilada connoisseur.  These Sour Cream Enchiladas from The Pioneer Woman's website look incredible.  I was contemplating making them at 10 AM so I could eat them in time for lunch.  But blast it all!  No green onions, so dinner will have to do...
Sour Cream Enchiladas from The Pioneer Woman
This will also give me time to craft a sauce from scratch.  The recipe for enchilada sauce from Martha Stewart is awesome.  I use jalapenos (instead of poblanos) and Anaheim chiles (in lieu of long red chiles) because that's generally what's available around here, and it still rocks.

I found this little gem via moneysavingmom.com!  A free Betty Crocker Soups, Stews and Chiles ebook!  Full of recipes and a downloadable version for your desktop.  My crockpot is my best friend in the winter, so I have all kinds of new ideas like Slow Cooker Tuscan Bean Soup, French Onion Soup and Creamy Herbed Chicken Soup.
Free Betty Crocker Recipe ebook
Here's a little something sweet from Martha Stewart Crafts - Candy Gems shaped like jewels along with a project for creating a little jewelry box for them!  I think I'll try this with my girls for Valentine's Day.
Semiprecious Candies in their own jewelry box
Share your yummy recipes with me if you have some!  Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in your post. Any inappropriate or insensitive comments will of course be deleted.