3.05.2011

Overdue update!!!

Hello, blog.  It's been a long time.  I've been busy you see, and frankly, I've been too lazy to update you.  Sorry but it's the honest truth.  Here's what's been going on!

I went to NYC!  It was fantastic (photos to come soon...)  My top three favorite things about the Big Apple are:

1. Crazy cab drivers - I respect that they want to get you to where you're going in a hurry.  Everyone in New York is in a big hurry.

2.  Cheesecake at 1 AM - That was phenomenal.  People there don't sleep on the weekends apparently.

3. MoMA - I was thrilled to get to see Andrew Wyeth's painting, Christina's World.  I got way too close and I'm sure they were ready to shoo me away, but the details were stunning.  I love galleries.  I love seeing the works that I've only seen in books all up close and personal.  The textures and subtleties that books can't reveal.  We've been to The Louvre and museums in London and Amsterdam, but this museum was outstanding.  Well worth the 20 bucks (even though we only had an hour there!)

So what else is new... well, I'm gearing up for the 2nd Annual Seattle Vintage Wedding Fair on May 14th!  12-6 PM at the Ghost Gallery in Seattle.  It should be fantastic - loads of vintage style, vendors, samples, models.  The theme this year is "All In The Details."  Mark your calendars!

I'm also planning a couple photo shoots which should be fun.  That means new products and some inspiration for you brides-to-be out there!  More details soon...

Lastly, I'm putting together a little Wedding Craft Zine and am looking for vendors and bloggers looking for some GREAT exposure to contribute projects and/or full and half page advertisements!  The Zine will be free to view online and cost just a few dollars to download.  The advertising rates are extremely reasonable!  The Zine will also be available in print for sale at the Vintage Wedding Fair.  Contact me at deeds and petunia at gmail dot com (no spaces!) for more details!

Today was the first truly sunny day in ages!  It's warming up out there people.  Spring is just around the corner, I can feel it.  I'm not tucking away my Winter coat just yet, but I'm optimistic!  Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in your post. Any inappropriate or insensitive comments will of course be deleted.