10.07.2010

What an exciting week!

Here I was thinking I would get some time off to rest and relax before the big holiday rush.  Nope!  The best news is that I was featured on the front page of Etsy last night!
I had been so busy during the day, I was doing a late night daily check on my Etsy shop.  I pulled up the home page and there she was!  My gorgeous friend Teresa wearing my Fall Harvest Fascinator.  It made my day.  It's nice to see that my efforts are being noticed and the hard work is starting to pay off after these many months.  Over 1400 hits that day and 19 new shop hearts.  Wowser.

I tend to think Etsy has a formula, and once you figure out how to play the game, you can have great success.  I'm still learning all the ins and outs of the formula, but feel I have the basic necessary components to have a great shop.  I love my shop, I love what I make and Etsy has been a great resource for me getting a business started.  Even with the thousands of other sellers, many of them selling the same type of product, I feel like I get a chance to stand out and shine from time to time, like when I'm included on a great treasury, or even on the front page!  That's a very rewarding feeling!

In other news...

Some new goodies I'm working on:



Puffball veil with flower fascinator featuring vintage jewel finding.


I have been gearing up for a wine tasting event/trunk show this Friday the 8th at Azarra Salon & Wine in Downtown Tacoma from 5-7:30.  Come see me, drink some wine, shop for a new a purse, some jewelry or a fascinator!  What more could a girl want on a Friday night?

I am pleased to announce that I have very low stock right now, and need to kill myself this week to make as many new fascinators as I can, because they're selling like hotcakes!  Stay tuned and my Etsy store should have some new stock in next week.

Or if you can't wait and you can't make it to the event on Friday, visit Orange on Sixth in Tacoma where you can find Deeds and Petunia fascinators, vintage button bobby pins, corsages, and dish towels!  You really should visit this store anyway.  Laurel the owner is completely adorable, along with everything she sells!  Some super great items here, so you need to check it out.

Lastly, I had the honor of being part of the Tacoma All-Star Backup Choir at the Columbia City Theater this past weekend at the Best of The New Showcase.  My wonderful and talented friends Luke Stevens and Holly Campbell, and Kirsten Wenlock of Elk & Boar performed, and asked me to sing along on a song during each of their sets.  Kirsten and Holly looked amazing in their D&P fascinators!!!  Ironically, I forgot mine in the car!  It was a magical evening and so many talented musicians.  Thanks guys for making me feel so special and share your wonderful talented spotlight for a brief moment!  Pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in your post. Any inappropriate or insensitive comments will of course be deleted.