What I've gathered so far:
- You post favorite/inspiring/lovely photos of items/ideas/projects to let the world know about how incredible these things are. These are called "Pins."
- You categorize them in your Pin "Boards"
- People can follow you and what you pin - everything you pin or just certain boards they find inspiring.
- You follow other people's Pins and Boards so you can see what they upload/post every day.
- You can re-pin other people's Pins, leave a comment on their Pin or "heart" their Pin. They can do the same for you.
- You can visit the original post (where the eye candy was originally found) by clicking on the Pin. A great way to find new blogs, sellers, items and to network your own goodness!
Pinterest is like visual Twitter. I love reading blogs, (especially eye candy blogs) but I don't always have the time to go through and read every post, link, etc. Pinterest gives me the goods and lets me visually decide what I want to go read about. Super inspiring.
Here are some of my favorite Pins! I made my first collage in Picnik to share without posting four separate photos (still deciding if I like it or not. Do you make collages?)
Clockwise from top left:
The Cross Design
Love Print by The Wheatfield
Who do you follow on Pinterest?