4.28.2011

Itching to sew

Amy's Butler's Style Stitches
I came across this today while browsing on Amazon - a new Amy Butler book that's all about creating bags!  I love Amy Butler fabrics, but for some reason, I have never taken the plunge and made anything with AB fabric (and so it sits in my stash...)  Probably a.) because it's expensive, and b.) because it feels extra special and I don't want to screw it up.  If you know me at all, you know I can sew my little heart out for everyone but me.  Every project I've ever taken on for myself (dresses, tops, etc.) has ended in disaster!  But this might just inspire me to try again.

But what inspired me most was the video that introduces the book and Amy Butler herself.  Some great insight into her creative process and surrounding oneself with beautiful things to inspire creativity.  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in your post. Any inappropriate or insensitive comments will of course be deleted.