5.28.2013

new horizons



Friends, I've decided it's time to explore new horizons.  Deeds & Petunia has been a fun and rewarding experience, but it's time to move on and open myself up to new possibilities.  What exactly does this mean, you ask?

This website will remain for the time being, but I likely won't be adding any new content anytime soon.  Tutorials, DIY's, etc that I've written in the past will remain available for you to enjoy!

My Etsy shop will officially be closed.  It's been so incredible finding an outlet for my craftiness and creativity, but I've been moved in from making veils, fascinators and accessories for some time now.  I want to follow my heart to a place where I feel completely in love with what I do, where I don't have to compromise any part of my creative process.

I've got some new ideas in the works, but am currently spending time reconnecting with my artist-self.  If you'd like to see/read about it, I now have a personal blog at prettyyellowhouses.blogspot.com.  I've developed an interest in (or a severe addiction to) fine art photography, and have been experimenting with the camera, Lightroom and Photoshop (which feels scary/thrilling/rewarding).  That's mostly what I've been posting about recently, when I can put my camera down for long enough.

Thank you to all my readers, and to everyone who has shared comments, posts and links to this blog!  Thank you to all my beautiful and supportive customers!  You made me feel so proud and validated and loved.  I really enjoyed my time as Deeds & Petunia, creating and connecting with each of you.

Enjoy your summer and hope we meet again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in your post. Any inappropriate or insensitive comments will of course be deleted.