12.31.2011

Realistic resolutions

I look forward to 2012.  The New Year feels like a fresh start, and a fresh start can be a very good thing.  I like to make resolutions I know I can realistically stick to.  Last year I resolved to be more healthy and get into better shape, stick to a budget and strive to be more content and appreciative in my day to day life.  For the most part, I feel like I did a pretty good job (minus all the sweets I've been eating lately!) so I'm feeling hopeful about this year.  :)

I'm resolving this year to read more.  I love books.  I love the smell, the papery pages, the heft of a book in your hand.  My girls have both taken off with reading this year and I know it's up to me to set the example and help keep them interested.  Kindles be damned!  You'll never convert me...

I'm resolving to get outside more.  I'm such a homebody and sometimes it's hard for me to simply walk out the front door.  The Northwest is a temperate climate, but the rain and gray is tiring.  I don't like to be in it.  But I know it's good for me.  This year I shall don a rain coat and get out more!

I'm resolving to be more involved in activities with my kids.  2011 did feel very self-centered in a lot of ways - I was building a business, working a lot of weekends, often feeling tired and distracted.  My girls have expressed some new interests, so this will be the year to help them pursue those interests, build confidence and hopefully allow us to grow even closer.


Happy New Year, friends!  I hope you'll share some of your resolutions in the comments, if you like to make them.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in your post. Any inappropriate or insensitive comments will of course be deleted.