8.15.2011

That Little Red Hat

I met a really sweet gal and fellow blogger named Tiffany Kirchner Dixon from The Fancy Farmgirl at the Second Saturdayz show I did last month.  We hit it off and started chatting, and I agreed to create a hat and fascinator for an upcoming glamor photo shoot she was doing (Tiffany is a fantastic photographer.)



I was feeling a vintage/patriotic vibe, so I decided on red wool felt for the hat.  I loosely copied the style of an Air Force flight cap, and made it a bit smaller to create a more playful look.

I added a sequin trim detail (I've never sewn sequins before!) and although I had it in mind to add a little bit of red veiling, I decided to leave it off.

The fascinator is made of boutique dyed red feathers and a metal button with rhinestone center (it reminded me of a uniform adornment.)  The piece is attached to a little alligator clip that sits on the side of the cap.  It can be taken off and worn alone, (or with the matching mini veil I decided to throw in the box.)  ;)

I'm really excited about this piece and kind of in love with the idea of wearing one of these myself one day, just for fun...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in your post. Any inappropriate or insensitive comments will of course be deleted.